SCHOOL TO CAREER - FUTURES CENTER
The Futures Center at each high school is a place where students can come to explore their potential! Students can take various assessments to determine interests, research colleges and educational options, discover exciting career possibilities, as well as participate in programs that provide unique opportunities in career exploration. Students can schedule an appointment or just stop by.
Some of the opportunities available to students are:
- College in Colorado/Choices Programs:The Choices program available through the College in Colorado web site www.CollegeInColorado.org provides online assessments to determine interests, abilities, and values. The web site also contains information about two and four year colleges, financial aid options, and job seeking skills.
- School to Career Internship: Take the opportunity to explore a career while in high school. Gain knowledge and experience that will help you solidify your career choice or become more employable. Students can earn from .5 up to 2 elective credits. Sites are available during the school year as well as the summer, with counselor approval. For forms pertaining to the School to Career Internship click here.
- Job Shadows: Students can observe an employee for a short period of time, usually a few hours or weeks, to gain insight into a career. After this, if students so choose they could participate in an internship.
- Opportunities Board: Jobs and volunteer situations, which students can apply for, are posted and updated periodically. For a list of current opportunities click here.
- Resources for College Bound Students: For a listing of resources for college bound students click here.